(“Dear Data: To Draw is to Remember” flickr photo by Dogtrax shared under a Creative Commons (BY-SA) license)
What a great week of exploring the underlying principles of Connected Learning and the joys of sending and receiving postcards to friends all over the world!
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- So many new postcard ideas have sprung up that it’s hard to count them all. You can find some (or add your own) in our virtual postcard collection here, and you might just see one in your mailbox soon.
- If you haven’t joined our postcard group yet, you can do so here. And remember, there’s no obligation to do anything by signing up.
- Kevin Hodgson and Ron L each created stunning time lapses of postcards.
- Sheri Edwards analyzed her postcards with this infographic.
- We had a great Make with Me hangout and two tweet chats: one chat focused on Connected Learning and the other chat focused on the power of postcards.
- A collaborative story has bubbled up, and you are invited to participate. It has to do with a missing hacked toy. A youth sleuth named Miss Direction. Collaboration. Creativity. Come join The Search for Chalkman.
- You can also apply for a CLMOOC badge to show your postcard prowess.
Next week, we’re going to take a Purposeful Pause (translation: there are no new Make Cycles on tap for the coming week) so that we can all continue our work from the last two weeks. We hope you continue your coloring (and adding to the Collaborative Coloring Book) and that you make and send postcards (either through our CLMOOC postcard group or perhaps adding to the virtual postcard collection or perhaps you want to go multimedia and use our Flipgrid space to share out an audio/visual postcard).
Or just go outside and play in the sun. Or fingerpaint. Or make something with clay. Bake a new dish. Write a song. Follow your creativity wherever it might lead you. That’s the DNA of CLMOOC. Always.
Keep an eye out for news on the horizon after we catch our breath and then head into a new Make Cycle, starting on July 30.
Kevin, Sarah, Karen L, and Karen F
CLMOOC Make Cycle 2 facilitators