Another summer, another CLMOOC — CL as in Connected Learning!
Our goal in the coming weeks is to continue to cultivate a community of learners in creative, networked collaboration, centered around making. How, when, and where you participate in CLMOOC is up to you. Whatever your time and commitment, that’s the perfect level of engagement. Remember: the center of CLMOOC is always you!
One way we can become connected is by sharing our geographical location. We have set up a Google map where we can “pin” and introduce ourselves.
To add yourself to the map:
- Go to this map.
- In the search bar at the top, enter your location.
- A box will pop up with basic information about that location.
- To personalize it, click “Add to Map” and then the edit icon (tilted crayon).
- Put your name in the top box.
- In the middle box, tell us something about yourself. Maybe a text description, a link to your blog, a YouTube video, a poem, whatever inspires you! Add a photo if you’d like by clicking the camera icon.
- You can further customize the look of your pin by selecting the style icon (tilted cup).
Be on the lookout for news on the beginning of Make Cycle 1, which will be coming next week. There’s a sign-up for newsletters here.
Places to Share Other Kinds of Introductions (even a simple hello or maybe a GIF wave)
- In Google Plus, you can join our CLMOOC Community;
- On Twitter, we encourage you to follow and use the #clmooc hashtag this summer;
- And/or post to the CLMOOC Facebook group.
- You can post a link to your blog in all the usual places;
- Feel free to add a video introduction on our CLMOOC FlipGrid page;
- We also encourage you to share your make ideas in the CLMOOC Make Bank.
We look forward to connecting with you this summer!