Image credit: Moshie
Do you like to doodle? Do you find it inspires you, calms you, helps you to concentrate? Here at CLMooc we’re big fans of doodling in all its shapes and forms, from simple scribbles on paper to calligraphy and animated storytelling. Make Cycle 3 over the summer explored many ways of doodling, and Susan reminded us that there is no wrong way of doodling.
This month Susan’s devised a month worth of doodle challenges, and she’s inviting us to play along:
We thought it would be fun to join this up with our monthly postcard theme, and so we invite you to share your doodles on a postcard. You might:
- Take inspiration from Susan’s list, and share some of the results in postcard form;
- Doodle a speech bubble and tell somebody how much they mean to you;
- Experiment with some zentangles – but be warned, these can be addictive!;
- Sketch a self portrait or a portrait of a friend, and send it into the world;
- Draw us a picture of your home, or a place that means something special to you;
- Use some of the ideas from this summer’s Make Cycle 3;
- Follow Donna McGeorge on Instagram and try some of her daily doodle instructions;
- Or anything else that takes your fancy.
To join us, go here to sign up (and add more topics if you wish!). (Make sure you’ve signed up for our other CLMOOC postcard list first so you have postal addresses.) The way you share your postcards is totally up to you — mail just one data postcard to one person on the list or make some for a few people. We don’t expect you to send a postcard to everyone on the list — you can, but that might be a lot of work.
We will be engaging in this from now until the end of December, with hopes of getting something in the mail by December 15th (more or less — again, no hard and fast rules). Feel free to post what you make or what you receive in all the usual spaces. We look forward to hearing from you!
One thought on “Doodle-cember”